In addition to a larger and better battery, the iPhone 13 has built-in tools to help it last longer. It’s a feature designed to extend the life of your battery by using smarter charging.
It’s possible that your battery and location services settings need to be checked if optimized battery charging isn’t working on your iPhone 13. Waiting may also be a good idea because this intelligent battery life-extending technology takes some time to master.
What’s Wrong With My Optimized Charging?
It’s possible that you unintentionally disabled the optimized battery charging on your iPhone 13 when you first got it. Activation and proper operation of this feature necessitate regular charging.
The location services settings on your iPhone can also be a good place to start. For optimal battery charging to occur, the following permissions must be granted:
- Basic navigational aids
- Permission to modify the operating system
- Access to important locations
Last but not least, your iPhone may need a reboot or a system update to keep its battery charging at its most efficient state.
How to Fix iPhone 13 Optimized Charging
It’s possible that your iPhone 13 isn’t receiving optimal battery charging. Try these troubleshooting suggestions, which are arranged from the simplest to the most time-consuming.
Verify that the feature is enabled. Make sure that your iPhone 13’s “optimized charging” feature is activated. Ensure that the Optimized Battery Charging toggle is green by going to Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Optimized Battery Charging.
- Get rid of the feature and re-enable it Turning off and on again is a tried-and-true fix for malfunctioning features. You can optimize your battery’s performance by going to Settings > Energy Management > Optimized Battery. You can see if this helps by charging and then moving the toggle switch from green (on) to grey (off) and back again.
- Enable Geolocation in your browser. Make sure the toggle for Location Services is turned on in Settings > Privacy > Location Services. If you don’t enable location services and the following permissions, the optimized charging tool won’t work.
- Customization of the Operating System
> Important Locations in the System
Restarting your iPhone 13 is the best option. Causing problems can be solved by deleting the phone’s cache and memory, which is often the case. After verifying that you’ve turned on or disabled and enabled optimized battery charging, and that all required location permissions are enabled, try this fix.
- Install the most recent version of iOS. Make sure your phone isn’t due for a system update right now. Visit Settings > General > Software Update to download the latest version.
- Make sure to stick to a regular charging schedule. Only if you stick to a regular schedule, such as charging your battery overnight or at the same time each day, can you get the most out of optimized battery charging. Because it only works at home or in “significant locations,” which Apple defines as places you frequently visit, the feature may not function properly if you’re on the go or have a highly variable schedule.
- Allow yourself some time to get used to the new feature. Machine learning is used to keep track of your battery’s performance so that it can be charged more efficiently. But your iPhone 13 may take more than a week to get a handle on how you charge your device.
- Your iPhone 13 should be factory reset. If you’re still having trouble after trying the methods listed above, you can always restore your device to its factory settings and start fresh. Erase your iPhone’s content and settings by following the on-screen instructions.
- Contact the Apple Help Desk. Apple may be able to help you if you’ve waited a long time and all of your settings are correct and you’re still experiencing issues with battery charging on your iPhone 13.
What is the process for disabling battery charging optimization?
Open the Settings app and choose Battery > Battery Health > Optimized Battery Charging to turn off optimized battery charging on your iPhone. The feature can be turned off.
How do I enable battery charging that is optimized?
Open the Settings app and select Battery > Battery Health > Optimized Battery Charging to activate the feature. The feature can be turned on and off.
How does AirPods Pro’s optimized battery charging work?
Optimized battery charging is enabled by default in AirPods Pro and AirPods (3rd generation). It’s designed to help extend the life of your phone’s battery. Open the case of your AirPods to disable the feature. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, tap More Information I and then turn off Optimized Battery Charging on your paired iOS device.